Sunday 18 January 2009

New beginnings...

For some time now, I have been looking for a new project and a way forward in EVE and I've been discussing the creation of a production corporation with Master Akira.

We've been trying to decide what we want to get out of the corporation and also what the goals of the corporation ought to be. We decided upon the following two goals:

1) to provide new producers a supportive environment for taking their first steps into production. Mainly this will be done through the blueprint library, that is available to all, and through ready access to corporation laboratories anchored in the Korsiki system.

2) to enable those more experienced producers to combine resources in working on larger group projects. This is something that will come with time, but we sincerely hope that those who do join and develop their interest in production will help to develop projects for the corporation as a whole.

My initial plan is to recruit from Eve University.

With the goals in mind, I've set up a free corporation forum with various levels of access, to act as a means of staying in touch and also a store of information. Yes, it has ads, but I can live with those if you can...still working on permissions etc but it is starting to look useable.

Anyway, give me a week to sort everything out and we can start recruiting. :)

I'll probably use my blog to post my thoughts on the corporation as it develops, or fails. I am hopeful it won't be a complete flop but then you never know. Even if it fails, I hope it is fun - this is a game after all!

Paul

No comments: